A Descriptive essay is considered as the most simple in comparison with other types. This is because this sort of essay does not require your personal opinion or presenting complex arguments. The goal of this paper is to describe a question and explain it to the audience.
Descriptive essay is the most general kind of essay. It involves the presentation of thoughts on a specific topic. It also includes essays on a specific book. The papers are dedicated to the description of objects, events or people. The description is not self-sufficient. It reinforces a certain thesis. Special meaning has the vividness and convincing description, the presence of bright details. A certain degree of description is expected while writing this type of work.
Any description is intended to recreate a certain image in the reader imagination. At the same time, the student creating the descriptive text has his own point of view on the question and can be free in the assessments and methods of presenting the material.
To describe means to indicate, to reveal some important signs, features by which we can learn the subject of description. Special attention is paid to the description of bright and interesting details, features. These details should not look fragmented. They must form a complete picture, where everything is interconnected.
How to Write a Descriptive Essay?
When composing a descriptive paper, it is essential to choose a topic from the offered list. You should prefer the one in which you have certain knowledge, considerations or just a strong interest.
Choosing a topic for an essay can lock your writing process for a long time, because you just do not know what you are going to write about. Apart from the cases when the lecturer formulates an exact essay topic, its choice can be reduced to narrowing the direction set by the instructor, to choosing from the list of suggested topics.
The structure of the essay depends on the goals, form, type, amount of work. It can be easily planned. It is better to take a sheet of paper and sketch out a rough outline. The outline is the basis of the papers. Any text needs a plan; an essay needs a plan firstly.
Every descriptive paper includes:
- Introduction. The first paragraph or the first part of the text introduces the matter to the reader, brings him to the problem, which is the essay devoted to. You do not need a long introduction – one or two paragraphs will be quite enough. Write descriptive essay with the main thesis of your papers. It should express the main idea of the work, which you will prove in its main part.
- Main part. In the main part of the descriptive essay, you need to go to the proofs of the described thesis. The easiest way to do this is to use basic ideas. Having described the new idea, you must provide relevant evidence. It is necessary to present consistently the rest of the news, each time arguing them. You can provide the statistics, historical facts, interviews or statements of well-known personalities and more.
- Conclusion. In the essay conclusion, it is time to go back to the formulated thesis at the beginning and announce it from a new position. The author and the reader summarize and make the conclusion.
Proofread the essay several times, crossing out the failed paragraphs, adding new arguments, finding more catchy expressions – and you will create a truly deep and interesting essay.
Remember that the essay is written not for the lecturer, but for the audience, so it makes sense to show it to your colleagues first. Do not be afraid of judgment or spend the extra time, because your responsibility is to discover how to write such compositions. But that’s not all. After the final approval of the descriptive essay content, you need to format and present it correctly.
TOP-10 Australian Topics for Descriptive Essay
We have chosen TOP-10 most prominent descriptive essay topics. Admit that these are only idea examples; learners can think of their individual topics by replacing some words with more suitable.
- Describe First Footsteps: The Story of the First Australians
- Describe the Australian Foreign Policy
- Describe Melbourne as the heart of Australia, despite the fact that it is not even its capital
- Describe the Problem of Forced Marriages in Australia
- Describe the Role of Ideology and Political Theory in the Country
- Describe Young Muslims and Adaptation to Australian Values
- Describe a History of Australian Baseball
- Describe Human Security and Australian Foreign Policy
- Describe the Situation with Immigrant Entrepreneurs and Venturing Abroad
- Describe Americanization and Australia
Most Useful Tips for Writing Descriptive Essay
Here is what you need to know in order to write descriptive essay perfectly.
- A sufficient introduction is required to define the global problem and the approximate direction of the student’s thoughts. In other words, it is important to show briefly but effectively the course of the papers, proposing some questions on which the author is continuing to seek solutions.
- You must use different facts, data, quotes, and other truthful information. In this situation, each of the reasons, details, and explanations must be provided with a personal evaluation, indicating your individual viewpoint.
- The ending must present precisely formulated responses to the questions asked in the introduction. It is essential to understand that none of the points asked should be ignored.
- In these papers, you may use adjectives and verbs in the present tenses. You also must resort to the most powerful elements in the author’s toolkit – simile, metaphor, change of focus, personification, etc.
The rules for writing an essay are rather conditional, which gives the author the opportunity to demonstrate creative abilities, originality and flexibility of thinking, the ability to express ideas in writing and argue his own point of view. Your essay must be well organized. If you cannot deal with your papers yourself, then resort to the academic help in any essay topics.