An illustration essay is useful training before the first step to the in-depth research process. It encourages students to work out fresh ideas and support them with arguments. It teaches students to observe what is happening and make simple conclusions. Looks easy, right? But college students who collapse with this type of work at first may need the guide. This article helps to figure things out and get an excellent grade for your illustration essay.
Illustration Essay: Definition And Sources
An illustration essay (exemplification paper) is a type of informative paperwork aimed to illustrate the ideas to the readers. It may take the form of replying to a question, transmit some information, or an approach in some fields of studying. Generally, it is a review of experiences supported by examples without discovering anything innovative. The quality of reference points directly affects the essence of an essay.
An exemplification paper exposures the theme-related idea using the exact facts or events so the readers could conceive the situation. It avoids sentiments and working out the innovations completely.
Experiencing this specific form of academic paperwork and the concomitant skills is the preparatory phase for dissertation writing in the future. Also, it is a chance to increase your Grade Point Average.
Students have a wide choice of sources for information. These are:
- any kinds of publications;
- media materials;
- social networks.
As you can see, the research format is not strict. These help you to broaden your examples to write breathtaking work. Using the opinion of different people (known or unknown) and sharing their point of view is a tool for transferring the information in your illustration essay. Pay attention to what is going on in the social environment, and you will not be able to stop the inspiration flow.
The Structure Of An Illustration Essay
Being academic paperwork, it has a classical structure:
- Introduction. This part describes the point of your interest with the background information, settles your thesis statement, and includes the hook to hold the audience intrigued.
- Three-body paragraphs. Each of them should express separate approaches to supporting the thesis and provide examples. They consist of:
- the main argument of the chapter;
- the illustrative part (from one to three);
- research details (evidence providing);
- analysis that shows the connection of these facts with your thesis;
- Conclusion. The main thoughts with summing up the whole paperwork.
All chapters should be well-balanced and logically chained. One chapter should focus on one idea only. The style of communication with the audience should be descriptive without retelling with using an appropriate language.
Think out a hook sentence. You can use a catching quote, a quatrain, metaphoric expression, witticism, etc. It should be sparkling and engaging your audience to read on.
Sometimes professors demand a reference list tool. Then you should make a list of used materials formed according to your studying establishment requirements.
The Writing Process And Useful Tips
The writing process usually includes the following steps:
- Topic selecting. The best choice is the theme that relates to you personally, bothers you, or is the point of your interest. You should establish a subject and write about it.
- Manage research data. If you are well familiar with the theme, focus on the recent news in this field. The found sources will picture your future work perspectives.
- Write a draft of body paragraphs. Based on the key ideas, think out the supporting examples. Pick the most illustrative ones and create the body of your essay.
- Write the content. Following your outline, work out an introduction, thesis statement, and write a conclusion part when you finish the whole work.
- Do the checking. Read your papers within a few hours to make sure that it completely covers the subject. As with any academic assignment, your illustration essay should be grammatically correct and plagiarism free. Proofreading is the last yet essential part that makes your paperwork look decent.
Classically, such an essay contains three illustrations. But it is not the limit. If you have five or more successful examples that you want to describe, feel free to do it. That will make your work captivating, compelling, and productive. Better to have more cases than a deficit of them.
Giving examples do not exceed the word amount. The length of an illustration essay may vary, so do your best to match your studying establishment requirements. If you have not got the limits instructions, illustrative paperwork may contain over three pages. But exclude filling up the paperwork with just anything that comes to your mind and choose the most efficient exemplifications.
Suitable examples are valuable. These should be audience targeted, impressive, realistic, perhaps even shocking. As a result, these should call responsive reactions of the readers or feedback.
Sports Topics For An Illustration Essay
If you have a lack of inspiration but urgently need an exemplification paper, this list will come in handy. In your sports illustration essay, you may describe:
- the connection between politics and world championships;
- the importance of a coach for a football match result;
- the most effective training for football team members;
- chess as a kind of sport;
- benefits of sports for the economic situation inside of the country;
- grounds for banning sportsman;
- benefits of sport for athletes;
- the essential morality qualities for athletes;
- career opportunities for retired players;
- similarities and differences between teams games and individual sport performance;
- combining studying and sport life;
- the most popular football teams traditions worldwide;
- reasons for athletes disqualification;
- the methods of choosing a sport for Olympic games;
- equality of males and females rights in professional sport;
- rules of ultimate frisbee game;
- rules of disc golf game;
- unicity of rugby among other kinds of sport;
- differences and similarities of sports team and athletics;
Remember that an illustrative essay will be interesting if you transmit your private interest or engagement in the sport process. Get inspirited and use examples from your life, interesting cases from the seen matches that grabbed your attention. Imagine that your audience understands about the sport very little, and your essay should captivate all attention.
Academic Life Topics For An Illustration Essay
Students period of life experiences each human in the world. Therefore, nothing can be easier than choosing a topic related to school, college, or university routine. Here is a bunch of themes for you to illustrate:
- the implementation of Internet technologies into the studying process;
- connection of education and life quality;
- gender classification approach in the studying process;
- the development path of studying establishments;
- efficient budget management for students;
- time management strategies for scholars;
- influence of religion in studying establishments;
- specify of dormitory life for students;
- students studying performance depending on age;
- advantages of uniforms for college students;
- benefits of remote education;
- volunteer experience for students;
- sport mainstream at college;
- the methodology of choosing the studying establishments;
- positive character changes during college years;
- a place of living for students if a dorm is full.
Doubtlessly, you collapsed with any of these issues during your studying years. Choose the situation which impressed you the most with an opportunity to provide several vivid examples. Your audience will not stay indifferent.
Work and Career Topics For An Illustration Essay
Work and career relate to each human. That provides a wide field for the inspiration flowing. These are several hints for you to describe:
- advantages of profession choosing before selecting a college;
- the tendency of changing the professional direction nowadays;
- time management as an essential part of a carrier;
- the successful ways of combining family life and professional performance;
- the working opportunities for disabled people;
- the carrier positions that inspire;
- effective management strategy using a customer-oriented approach;
- advantages of risky professions;
- the stressful factors for medical workers;
- stress releasing techniques for professionals with heightened psychological pressure;
- becoming a space pilot: from a childish dream to reality;
- an ordinary day of a fashion stylist;
- the power of motivation for a successful career;
- reasons for choosing the funeral business for work;
- fast-food networks as an easy way to start your job path;
- advantages and disadvantages of work in the government;
- reasons for building career in volunteer organizations;
- stress releasing methods in the working place;
- ways of avoiding conflicts with a boss;
- benefits of HR strategies;
- the methodology of leadership;
- benefits of unofficial domination;
- the merit of starting a career during college years;
- the connection of the personal level of responsibility and job;
- the perspectives of a good income for technician professionals (plumbers, electricians, etc.);
- ways of conflict regulations at the working place;
- female flight attendant: beautiful profession or risk every day;
- plan of action for successful selling.
These topics are infallible. Being common for a daily life routine, you can provide numerous illustrations that exposure your position and win the audience’s attention.