Ethics is one of the most interesting and challenging spheres any person can face. It concerns your feelings or thoughts, and not material things that you can touch. This sphere includes a wide range of practices and rules, which are accepted all over the world or are followed in particular regions. Ethics is about a set of moral principles, which every person perceives individually.
There were civilizations, which had very high moral standards, while some tribes continue following horrifying rituals and rules. That is why writing an ethics paper will open a whole new world in front of you! You will be asked to evaluate and describe behavior of certain individuals in a society context, to give your opinion on common rules or to try and evaluate deeds of others.
Morality issues have penetrated deeply into our lives and every day we make moral choices even without noticing. There is a special set of ethic norms for business, medicine, education and multiple other spheres. When writing an essay on one of such topics you can greatly contribute to understanding the society and its behavior.
Such types of papers are widely used in high schools, colleges and adult learning courses. Moreover, if you master such topics you will be able to support a conversation, to understand yourself better and to be able to analyze things happening around you.
Paper on ethics should consist of the three common elements:
- Introduction. Here you should determine what your essay is about and what goals you are planning to achieve. Don’t forget to provide a thesis statement, which will be then supported by arguments and claims;
- Body paragraphs. Their quantity depends on the number of arguments you are going to use. Every paragraph should start with a topic sentence, i.e. the key idea;
- Conclusion. In the final section of your paper you should restate your thesis, summarize all of the provided arguments and give your vision of the problem. Don’t forget that this section is only for summing up your claims, not for introducing new information.
Although paper on ethics has a common structure, it also possesses a few peculiarities, so a set of approaches and tips is a bit different. First of all, you have a right not to follow a clear chronological order. Render the arguments in order of their importance for the story.
In addition, you don’t always have to look for statistical facts and numbers, to add charts or surveys. If choosing an abstract topic you can solely rely on processed sources and on your own vision of the problem.
Remember, the more controversial issue you choose the better and the stronger your paper will be. Write about climate changes, death penalty, genetic engineering or personal life privacy and you will grab readers’ attention at once!
Cover an Important Problem
As you already know, papers on ethics are quite challenging and in majority of cases choosing a proper issue to discuss already makes up half of the success. If you stop your search on an inappropriate issue, your paper may be doomed. That is why we have made a list of ethics paper topics in multiple categories. Just pick the one you like and you will definitely impress your professor and readers.
- Problems of ethics in medicine;
- Stereotypes about foreigners that create conflicts;
- Why creating a moral code in schools is so important?
- How family and social background influence our personal ethics?
- What morality means to you?
- Should all people follow a common moral ethics?
- Role of moral norms in the US;
- Importance of respect and professional ethics;
- Impact of ethics on education;
- Is ethics valued on workplace?
- Is it good to tell the truth without any exceptions?
- Should abortion be forbidden?
- Do criminals feel guilt for their deeds?
- What is the difference between a moral and a non-moral deed;
- Influence of mentality on our relationships with people;
- What is the background of racial conflicts;
- Is morality an element of happiness?
- Are all people selfish?
- How to beat jealousy?
- How mentality shapes moral norms?
- Why are some individuals cruel?
- Is following our desires selfish?
- What behavior models are acceptable for the modern society?
- Do we need moral norms?
- Can we overcome egoism?
- Can we all be happy?
- Ethical and social norms in Europe;
- Should we oppose systems of social norms?
- Impact of religion on Asian society;
- Desperate times don’t always require desperate measures.
How to Write an Ethical Paper?
Ethics paper importance is evident and gives students a whole load of advantages for the future. Unfortunately, it is not that simple to complete if you don’t know a few secrets. The main and the most powerful tips include:
- Choose a topic wisely. Everything starts with an idea. If you choose a weak, boring or too common topic, you risk of losing interest of the reader at once. If you have freedom of selecting the topic on your own, make sure you are passionate about the issue and that it is relevant for the class. Ethics problems are always debatable, so a winning topic will make the readers want to learn more and then share their own opinion with you;
- Create an outline. Any sort of an assignment requires proper attention to the structure. If you fail to include key parts to your work, you risk of losing interest of the reader, because your paper will simply be boring or too complicated. That is why you need to make a list of all the sections your paper should include and to write down the main elements you are willing to discuss. Don’t worry, you will be able to revise and change your outline any time you want;
- Make a first draft. Remember, even the most experienced authors write several drafts before the final version comes out. That is why you just need to start writing and see where it will take you. You can always polish your work, switch paragraphs and delete sentences if they sound too difficult or out of place. All you need is to start writing!
- Check the language. The choice of words should be not only appropriate but also academic. Make sure that you sound credible and professional. Use vocabularies, websites with synonyms, idioms and other literary tools. Don’t forget about transition words to make your text smooth;
- Process multiple sources. Although you may choose a topic, which requires your own opinion on the matter it is still important to back your ideas with reputable sources. Make sure you have enough time to find relevant books at the library and online, and only then start working on the assignment;
- Annotate all of the sources. Every reference or quote you insert to your text must be correctly cited and annotated depending on the required formatting style. Make sure you create a separate list at the end of your paper, which will contain used sources;
- Revise thoroughly. You may feel tempted to deliver the paper right after you finish writing it but it is better to take some time and give the assignment a fresh look in a couple of hours or even days. If you are not good at noticing mistakes and typos, ask your friends or family members to help. Professor may give you a much lower grade simply for too many mistakes and misprints in the text.
Find Your Own Idea for Ethical Essay
Now, when you know how to write ethics assignments, you only need to boost your imagination and make your voice heard. However, there are the times, when you are snowed under multiple tasks and don’t know how to cope with all of them.
In such a case our writers are there to cover your back! We are a team of professional authors, proofreaders and editors, who work day and night on academic assignments.
We offer outstanding solutions for the most complex tasks, so even if you don’t know what and how to write about, you can rely on us!